Today's Random Act of Video.....

Im feeling this Timbaland Drake collabo right now..hope you are too :o) as well as the new Monica joint..her style in this video is killing the game... enjoy!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

What is REALLY going on??

I went out a few times over the weekend which for me has been a little uncommon lately. It seems when I go out I always find that Im disappointed for one reason or another. This weekend however it was hard for me not to notice the way men tend to gravitate toward women who have little to offer them but the obvious. I've been to a few places recently and it appeared as though the women w/ the worst weaves, shortest skirts, loudest mouths, etc. got the bulk of attention. Now this isnt THAT surprising since you would expect a nearly naked female drunk and loud in the middle of the dance floor to get alot of attention, but when I looked more closely they seemed to be the ONLY women getting any attention. Glancing around the room you could spot maybe 20 women all stylishly (yet completely) dressed, smiling and talking to one another w/o a brother in sight. I wondered to myself, "What kind of woman do you men really want?" I hear men complain about how these women out here arent about anything and how they cant find a good one yet i often find myself surrounded by attractive intelligent women who are single. I can already hear some of the brothas saying "hey, maybe its you!" but seriously, that cant always be the case, can it? I went to Mandarin on Saturday for the 1st time and I was really impressed with the whole scene. That is until i was hit with a barage of black men walking past whole groups of sisters, to get closer to our more drunk less attractive counterparts. I had black guys even avoid eye contact w/ me rather than simply say hello, but yet damn near knock a few people over to get a shot @ one of the many many many white women who were there (later i saw one of them taking his new lady home w/ him). But race isnt even the issue here. Its the fact that I know there ARE available quality black men out here...and there are obviously available quality black women as well, so I have to ask "why arent we getting together?" Have we gotten to the point where brothers are making efforts not to date black women? Are sisters buying into the whole 'no good black men' philosophy we hear about so much? I dont know the answer, but maybe you do....Send me a message/comment with your thoughts. Im interested in knowing what all of you think...

Wondering whats really going on...and hoping someone can tell me...
~The Diva

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey wz up diva-
Well, you know my anthem,n--gas ain't ish... but that's because I'm bitter from the last encounter I had with the black, male species. I think men don't want to court women anymore. They want to do the bare minimum and be kept by a woman like we're they're momas. Two words...do better. Futhermore, some men are holding out for a malibu barbie and think it's hot to get married at 65 yrs. old...are you serious??? As of today,. I'm so disappointed in black men...will they ever regain back my faith??? Hmmm...don't wait on it.
-R.Wright