Today's Random Act of Video.....

Im feeling this Timbaland Drake collabo right now..hope you are too :o) as well as the new Monica joint..her style in this video is killing the game... enjoy!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Everything I Ever Needed to Learn...I Learnd from the Cosby Show

Ok..I admit it..Im a Cosby Show junkie...There is never a time that I pass up the opportunity to relive those golden moments back in the day when Id park myself in front of the TV to watch this family. Though so different from my own, I find that I am still easily engrossed in the nostalgia that comes with watching the life and times of the Huxtable clan.And no matter what the episode, how old it is, I can still quote most of the lines word for word as if I once memorized the script, instead of Vanessa or Denise...Just over the weekend while up late I found myself lounging on the couch watching a few episodes as part of a marathon on TvLand and I had an epiphany of sorts. Though obviously entertaining, funny, and ground breaking in many ways, The Cosby Show taught us all lessons on life, with every weeks episode. It was then that I realized that everything I needed to know about life, I learned from the Cosby Show....For instance:
1. Being a highly-paid black professional does not have to automatically equate to being snobby and detached from others...
2. Being able to laugh at yourself is necessary...you shouldnt take yourself too seriously
3. A real lady can do ALL things with class and sophistication..including put you in your place..
4. Marriage can be a beautiful thing if you understand what its REALLY about...
5. Sometimes you have to love somebody enough to let them make mistakes...and not say "I told you so" when they come to cry on your shoulder...
6. Honesty is always the best policy but sometimes being honest will get you into more trouble than telling a lie...
7. You should never play the alphabet game while drinking bourbon...you'll always lose....
8. Note to brothers: your woman knows you better than you know yourself....trust me..
9. Whatever you do in the dark will inevitably come to light eventually (ie: wearing makeup when youre not supposed to...sneaking off to meet your boyfriend...eating hoagies when you know youre not allowed)
10. Being black really is beautiful....Have a good one people....

No comments: