Today's Random Act of Video.....

Im feeling this Timbaland Drake collabo right now..hope you are too :o) as well as the new Monica joint..her style in this video is killing the game... enjoy!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Art of Conversation....




I was watching a movie recently and there was a scene where this couple in an effort to get to know one aonther better, decided to go to a nearby bistro for dinner. This was nothing out of the ordinary until the two of them began engaing in probably one of the best damn 'first date' conversations Ive ever heard. I mean I literally had to pause the film and write this blog right then and there...Now I know some of you are still wondering where Im going with this, so in short....what occurred to me was that I couldnt even remember the last time I had a truly, interesting or in depth conversation with a man. Now Im not speaking of the typical 'tell me about yourself' conversations we all have when first meeting one another, but real conversation: religious views, the kind of wife you want one day, your fears, how you view your life right now. The realization of this was so profound I found myself feeling a little slighted. I mean I have great conversations with girlfriends, aunts, my mom, my assistant at work..all females of coure, but its a rare occurrence when it comes to the men in my life.Now thats not a negative commentary on the men, or a blow against their intelligence, or ability to carry on this type of engaging, truly fullfilling style of communication....Its quite the opposite in most cases. I find that most of my male friends, ex's etc. are all very intelligent and witty as well, but just arent really into the 'deep conversation' thing...Perhaps this is just another case of Men being from Mars and Women from Venus, but I dont think so. Thats cant be true in all cases. Then on the other hand I think much of it has to do with the fast paced, text messaging, emailing, 'leave me a voicemail' world that we've come to reside in. Technology has nearly eliminated the need for any verbal communication at all, thus most people lack the desire for it or I guess in some cases, the skill to use it effectively. I read once that you should marry someone who you can have great talks with because thats one trait that will last well beyond the good looks, and all the materials things. Show me two lovers over the age of 70 who can still smile and laugh together, and Ill show you two people who have all the happiness they need between them. All this to say the art of conversation is a beautiful thing. If youre good at it you can make big money, or make a great point; talk yourself out of a jam or into one; you can profess your love and even your hate, or just be damn good at keeping a woman like me interested for the long haul. Im still looking forward to some good conversation...

Here's to talking the talk......

No comments: